Welcome to CSNZ Annual Workshop 2022!
10 – 12th March, 2022
Held at Te Waihinga Centre, 8 Texas St, Martinborough
CSNZ runs a very successful annual workshop over three-days. This is an excellent opportunity to socialise with fellow surveyors, discuss business issues with others in similar size practices in different parts of the country and offers good learning opportunities for participants.
As you might imagine moving into the Covid RED traffic light status has changed how we could operate the planned workshop programme. Do we go ahead, do we not, what to do!
In considering what to do the committee has been considering:
- Some speaker’s hesitation of attending the workshop, becoming a close contact of someone at the workshop and then having too self-isolate for an extended period.
- The venue operator’s hesitation of bringing people together from all around the country and then having one of them be a close contact, or having been at a place of interest, and the resulting need for everyone at the conference to then self-isolate. This would include the local businesses involved in the workshop.
- We need commitment from members now, so that we can carry on with the organisation of the workshop. However, after talking to some members there is a clear reluctance for many to commit at this stage. If we wait a few weeks for commitment, this holds up the planning and organising of a successful workshop.
- If people do register and then become sick nearer the time, they will not be able to attend.
- The ethics of holding an event that possibly spreads the virus.
In light of the above we have had to make a tough decision. The outcome of which is to sadly cancel the workshop. This is, we know, hugely disappointing to many members and to those who have been working so hard to put this event on for everybody.
But not all of the news is bad. While we will not be meeting face to face, in its place we will be offering as much of the programme as possible online to benefit your business, yourself personally and your staff.
We have started the ball rolling, by working with our speakers and designing an online programme that you can look forward to.
Please be patient with us for a little longer while we firm up this programme. We will provide updates as they come to hand.
In the meantime, if you have registered and paid for the Martinborough workshop could you please contact the CSNZ Secretary, Wendy at: email@example.com with a bank account number so she can refund your payments. There may be a charge for the online programme, but this hasn’t been determined yet.
CSNZ Management Committee
The CSNZ workshop for 2022 sees us being hosted in the stunning South Wairarapa town of Martinborough, world famous for its Pinot Noir and stunning scenery.
Just over an hour’s drive from Wellington, the CSNZ workshop for 2022 will be held at Te Waihinga Centre, 8 Texas St, in the heart of Martinborough, just off The Square which forms the centre of town and the interesting ‘Union Jack’ Flag layout of the streets around The Square.
There are accommodation providers nearby most within walking distance of the venue and are listed under accommodation here on the website.
Boutique vineyards are open most days and can be found a short distance away from the Square with the closest being a 5-minute walk. As well the boutique shopping in Martinborough itself is well worth some time.
We have included additional tours under partners programme options, for those wanting to take something extra from their time in Martinborough with the Palliser tour (Wednesday or Saturday) a definite highlight should you find you have the time.
We hope you can join us, we are looking forward to seeing you there.